Shabbat Shacharit services are conducted each Shabbat at 10.00 am, unless otherwise advised on this page or in our newsletter. Check out our Calendar here.
All these services are followed by Kiddush. We invite you to stay for our Kiddush (blessing of wine and challah) and partaking of light refreshments after the Shabbat service.
PLEASE NOTE that due to COVID RULES
good hygiene practices and social distancing apply and we are required to keep a register of those attending for contact tracing purposes. This means the following:
- Instead of waiting to be invited to attend a service, you now need to notify us no later than 5:00pm Friday, in order to attend the Shabbat service, the following morning.
- Every person entering the Shul is required to use the hand sanitiser provided and wear a mask if required.
- Register via the Check in Qld app on entry to the property.
- Family groups may sit together, but must remain 1.5m from other people. All other people must maintain a distance of 1.5m from each other.
- Kiddush will be only wine/grape juice and challah (unless there is a special celebration in which a cake may be appropriate) and will be distributed in a COVID safe manner.
- We do not encourage people to gather after the Kiddush is complete.
- No one is allowed to attend if they show any cold/flu or other respiratory symptoms. Please stay at home and seek medical assistance.
Please note that it is of vital importance that you notify us of your intention to attend each week, so that we can prepare the register of attendance, as required by the government. We must also ensure that we have a minyan (10 Jewish adults) to allow for the complete service to be carried out.
If you are aged over 70 or have a pre-existing condition, you must very carefully consider whether it is appropriate for you to attend a service. The Board of Management accepts no responsibility for your personal health in this regard. You should not feel in any way that you are being encouraged or pressured to attend a service at this time, but rather you are being invited.
If you would like to be included on the register for attending services, please email us thru our contact page, with your Name, Address and Phone Number (which is a requirement for contact tracing if required).
We also conduct services for most festivals throughout the year. Please check back regularly or subscribe to our calendar for updates. Festival services are conducted as advertised in our newsletter or on this website or on our Facebook page.
Services are conducted in a combination of English and Hebrew by a lay team.
For our current Shabbat Services, see our Calendar.
Kabbalat Shabbat Services are generally held on the last Friday evening of each month. Look out for flyers through our HaShavua b'Shul (weekly newsletter), A Bissele News (our quaterly newsletter) or emails OR our FaceBook.
Click here to see the Torah commentaries provided by the Union for Progressive Judaism.
Find out more on how you can participate in our services as a volunteer.
Visitors are welcome subject to prior security clearance. We would like visitors to please contact us to make enquiries about visiting at services. We will need to give you permission to attend. This is for the safety of our congregants and national security policy requires us to be vigilant and ensure that we follow safe practices. Please compete and return this form if you would like to attend services.
Contact us to inquire about our Virtural Services
for other virtual services available - check out these links:-